Scientific Healing Affirmations
“I relax and cast aside all mental burdens, allowing God to express through me His perfect love, peace, and wisdom.”
— Paramahansa Yogananda
Decades before the mainstream discovered the power of affirmation in healing the mind and the body, Paramahansa Yogananda, who Swamis Point is named after, was teaching rapt audiences around the country how to directly access and apply the remarkable healing powers hidden within every human being.
He introduced this powerful healing practice to American audiences during his first cross-country speaking tour in 1924. Throughout the 1930s and ’40s, the great teacher would nearly always open or conclude his inspirational services at the SRF temples he had founded by leading those present in an affirmation for healing, or for awakening will power or devotion or perception of the presence of God.
Today hundreds of thousands of people around the world have benefited from the practice of his techniques of scientific healing affirmations.
In his pioneering book, Scientific Healing Affirmations, Paramahansaji said:
“Words saturated with sincerity, conviction, faith, and intuition are like highly explosive vibration bombs, which, when set off, shatter the rocks of difficulties and create the change desired….Sincere words or affirmations repeated understandingly, feelingly, and willingly are sure to move the Omnipresent Cosmic Vibratory Force to render aid in your difficulty. Appeal to that Power with infinite confidence, casting out all doubt; otherwise the arrow of your attention will be deflected from its mark.
“After you have sown in the soil of Cosmic Consciousness your vibratory prayer-seed, do not pluck it out frequently to see whether or not it has germinated. Give the divine forces a chance to work uninterruptedly.”
“As one uses different affirmations, his attitude of mind should change; for example, will affirmations should be accompanied by strong determination; feeling affirmations by devotion; reason affirmations by clear understanding. When healing others, select an affirmation that is suitable to the conative, imaginative, emotional, or thoughtful temperament of your patient. In all affirmations intensity of attention comes first, but continuity and repetition mean a great deal, too. Impregnate your affirmations with devotion, will, and faith, intensely and repeatedly, unmindful of the results, which will come naturally as the fruit of your labors.”
Paramahansa Yogananda reveals the hidden laws for harnessing the power of concentrated thought — not only for physical healing, but to overcome all obstacles and create all-around success in our lives. Included are comprehensive instructions and a wide variety of affirmations for healing the body, developing confidence, awakening wisdom, curing bad habits, and much more.
It is most effective to practice affirmations immediately after awakening in the morning or just before going to sleep at night. Before beginning an affirmation, it is important to sit in the correct meditation posture, on a chair or firm surface. The spine should be held erect, and the eyes closed, concentrating on the medulla oblongata at the back of the neck.
Free the mind from restless thoughts and worries.
Select one of the following affirmations and repeat all of it, first loudly, then softly and more slowly, until your voice becomes a whisper. Then gradually affirm it mentally only until you feel that you have attained deep, unbroken concentration.
As you experience an increasing peace make the effort to deepen your concentration that you may enter into the superconscious realm and manifest your affirmations.
- “I am submerged in eternal light. It permeates every particle of my being. I am living in that light. The Divine Spirit fills me within and without.”
- “God is within and around me, protecting me; so I will banish the fear that shuts out His guiding light.”
- “Perfect Father, Thy light is flowing through Christ, through the saints of all religions, through the masters of India, and through me. This divine light is present in all my body parts. I am well.”
- “I know that God’s power is limitless; and as I am made in His image, I, too, have the strength to overcome all obstacles.”
- “I relax and cast aside all mental burdens, allowing God to express through me His perfect love, peace, and wisdom.”
- “Teach me to feel that I am enveloped always in the aureole of Thine all-protecting omnipresence, in birth, in sorrow, in joy, in activity, in meditation, in ignorance, in trials, in death, and in final emancipation.”
- “Thy light of goodness and Thy protective power are ever shining through me. I saw them not, because my eyes of wisdom were closed. Now Thy touch of peace has opened my eyes; Thy goodness and unfailing protection are flowing through me.”
- “I will radiate love and goodwill to others, that I may open a channel for God’s love to come to all.”
- “I will help weeping ones to smile, by smiling myself, even when it is difficult.”
- “My Heavenly Father, Thou art Love, and I am made in Thine image. I am the cosmic sphere of Love in which I behold all planets, all stars, all beings, all creation as glimmering lights. I am the Love that illumines the whole universe.”
The selections featured here are excerpted from Paramahansa Yogananda’s books,
Scientific Healing Affirmations and Metaphysical Meditations.